Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the “Company” refers to Champagnia and the “Customer” refers to any person, firm, company or body who places an order with the Company. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site. By using the site or any part of it, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and that you accept and agree to be bound by them.
[I] General :
- It is illegal to sell alcohol to people under the age of 18. By placing an order, the Customer confirms that he/she is 18 years old or above. The Customer shall ensure that no person shall use his/her login to purchase alcohol products and a person aged 18 or above (identification required) must be present to take delivery or delivery shall be withdrawn and attempted at another time agreed.
- The Company shall make every effort to ensure that prices, details and sizes of products on this website are up to date. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and all orders are subject to Company’s acceptance at its sole discretion and stock availability.
- The Company shall make every effort to ensure products displayed on the website are in stock. If from time to time products become out of stock, the Company reserves the right to offer alternative product/s to the Customer of similar value and style.
- The picture of our products are for reference only. We are not responsible for any discrepancy between the picture and product.
- All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and Champagnia reserves the right to reject the order in the event that any of the products or services requested are unavailable. In the event that we are unable to fulfill any of the products or services in your order we will notify you by phone or email.
- You are required to register before placing any order through this website. During the registration:
- You must provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information;
- You must safeguard your username and password;
- You authorise us to assume that any person using the site with your username and password is either you or is authorised to act for you;
- The Company has the absolute discretion to refuse registration of a potential customer and to terminate the registration of any customer for any reason whatsoever.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided so that we can communicate with you effectively.
- The Customer is requested to examine the goods immediately upon delivery for any deficiencies and/or damages. Claims (if any) must be lodged to our customer service hotline shown on the receipt at the time of delivery. Otherwise, we shall have the discretion to refuse your claim after delivery.
- It is the receiver’s responsibility to check the condition of any goods received including glassware and accessories, at the time of delivery.
- Refund is only available when Customer fulfils the Best Price Refund requirements.
- Refund will be credited into Customer’s credit card account upon confirmation.
- In the event that you would like to claim a refund or return, please call our customer service hotline shown on the receipt.
- All risks in the products shall pass to the Customer upon delivery but Champagnia shall retain title in the products until full payment has been received.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance caused by or resulting from acts of God, fire, flood, accident, riot, war, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labour difficulties, equipment failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Company.
[II] Payment Terms :
- We accept payment by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Cheque, Bank Transfer and Cash on delivery only.
- All product prices listed are in Hong Kong Dollars.
- To provide secure online commerce transactions, we employ Internet’s Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. It encrypts your personal information, including credit card number, name and address, so that they would not be read as the information travels over the Internet.
- Your offer to purchase made on www.champagnia.co shall be subject to our sole discretion and may not be accepted subject to the availability of stock. A final and conclusive invoice will be presented to you upon delivery.
- Champagnia may from time to time set credit limits for individual customers and Champagnia reserves the right to limit sales including the right to decline sales to any customers.
- Champagnia reserves the right to change the payment terms for any order without prior notice.
[III] Delivery :
- We offer FREE delivery (single location only) for purchases over HK$800. For orders under HK$800, a delivery charge of HK$90 shall apply.
- Special arrangements of delivery date, time and venue could be made upon mutual agreement between the Company and Customer. Please specify when placing the order.
- Order received will be delivered within two weeks by default. We may offer same-day, next-day delivery or delivery on designated dates for orders upon request, but not guaranteed.
- The delivery service is available from Monday to Sunday between 09:00am and 11:00pm (excluding the first and second days of Chinese New Year).
- Delivery service is limited to Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and New Territories commercial and residential addresses only. Delivery is not available to outlying islands, restricted areas, ports or marinas.
- Delivery service is not available if there is no authorised or legitimate unloading area within 50 meters of the delivery address.
- Delivery service of five cases or more is only available to addresses of 4th floor or above when lift service is available. In the event of a lift breakdown we will make arrangements to deliver the goods at another time.
- Delivery service will be suspended when typhoon signal No.8 or above or a black rain warning is hoisted. In this event, customers will be contacted to re-schedule delivery time.
- We reserve the right to charge an additional delivery fee if the recipient is not available to accept delivery at the nominated delivery time.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to notify Champagnia immediately of any change to their delivery address.
- We reserve the right to decline or change delivery of goods to any customer at our sole discretion absolutely.
Non-pickup / non-delivery
- The Company has the right to charge storages fees for storing the wine in the event that:
- a customer fails to collect the order within 3 days of the selected collection date.
- wine is non-deliverable within two weeks of purchase due to customer’s failure to notify the Company of change of address or the Company is otherwise unable to contact customer.
- a customer refuses to take delivery of the wine.
- In the event that the wine has not been collected / delivered and the storage fees referred to above have not been paid for 1 year from notification by the Company that the wine is ready, then the Company has the right to dispose of the wine with no further notice to the Customer. The Company shall have no liability to the customer in respect of disposal of the wine in such circumstances.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the People’s Republic of China and the Customer and Champagnia agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts. Champagnia may revise these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. If any dispute arises, Champagnia’s determination shall be final. Where these terms and conditions are available in Chinese, the English version is the governing version and shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy between the two versions.